Thursday 28 November 2013

Experimentation

Fot all of my experimentation, i either drew them by hand of using Photoshop/Illustrator.
I looked at a digital artist named Jasper Goodall. He gave me inspiration for my first illustration as he uses a lot of shapes and 'space' type feel images. I added a silhouette to give it an 80's feel as she has the glasses and is posing to give off the 'model look' I also used a silhouette as Goodall also uses a lot of silhouettes in his work and i think it looks really bold and sophisticated, especially in a poster it would be good for getting a point across.
I then moved onto putting the silhouette into one shape like Goodall has done in a piece of his work called 'Stallion main' I then added 'Save the world' and 'Katherine E Hamnett', as she was one of the designers at the V&A that gave me a lot of inspiration, i added a space like background and used the same silhouette. I really like this because it was just an experiment, but i think it works really well, and although i can't use this in my final because i have to relate it back to all of the exhibition and not just one designer... i like the use of the black background and white and red text, it really stands out and makes it eye-catching, i think this is something i need to consider in my final posters. The reason i used silhouettes is because i think it looks really effective and sleek. I got the idea to use silhouettes from the series of James Bond posters for the films shown below.


I like these James Bond posters because they look professional and i think the silhouettes give it a spooky/thriller edge. 


I then looked at Billie Jean, he did a piece called 'This year' which i really liked as he put images and text inside of text. I then recreated his piece in an 80's effect, putting 80's images and patterns inside of text. I really like this effect because it is vibrant and use of colour is vast, i also like how you can still read the 'I AM' even though it is quite busy with all the images inside of it.
I then proceeded to make it so it related to the exhibition, i put the images inside of the V&A logo, i really like this because on a white background it really stands out and has good use of colour, however the logo still really stands out and it's very eye-catching.

For all of my experimentation, i drew the illustration out on paper and then scanned it in onto the computer and used Photoshop to add colour and text. I like doing this because it means that it has my artwork swell as computer illustration added in.


No comments:

Post a Comment